Best German Chocolate Brownies
German Chocolate Brownies
An over the top extra delicious brownie recipe! Two dreamy desserts in one!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Keyword: Brownies, German Chocolate
Author: Jaclyn From Cooking Classy
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 + 1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup + 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 cup evaporated milk (full fat)
2 large egg yolks
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup salted butter, diced into 4 pieces
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup sweetened, shredded coconut, toasted
2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees, And Line an 8 by an 8-inch baking dish with aluminum foil leaving a two-inch overhang on two sides.
2. Butter foil and lightly dust with flour, then shake out excess flour, set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs until frothy and slightly pale, for about 1 minute.
4. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar and salt then whisk until well combined. Stir in vanilla.
5. Sift cocoa and flour over top, pour in melted butter and using a wooden spoon, stir until combined (it will be slightly lumpy).
6. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish then spread into an even layer.
7. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a thin coat of batter, for about 40 minutes.
8. Cool completely on a wire rack.
For the topping:
1. In a medium saucepan combine, evaporated milk, egg yolks, brown sugar, and butter.
2. Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, for about 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla, And then mix in shredded coconut and chopped pecans.
4. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature for about 30 minutes then spread over cooled brownies (for cleaner cut brownies cover and chill in freezer, for about 15 minutes).
5. Cut brownies into squares just before serving.