French Toast with Nutella
Nutella French Toast
The ultimate way to make french toast – stuffed with a layer of decadent chocolatey Nutella then finishing it with sweet fresh strawberries.
Servings: 12 slices
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Keyword: Nutella French Toast
Author: Jaclyn from cooking classy
1 (16 oz) loaf french bread (use a loaf that’s one or two days old)
1 cup milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
5 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup Nutella or Nocciolata
Butter, for griddle
Powdered sugar, for dusting
1 1/2 lbs strawberries
3 Tbsp granulated sugar
1. Preheat an electric griddle to 350 – 375 degrees, And Slice bread using a serrated knife into 1 1/4-inch slice.
2. Cut through the center of each slice (as if butterflying a chicken breast) keeping the end attached, And Spread a slightly heaping tablespoon of Nutella inside the center of each slice, then set aside.
3. To a blender, add milk, cream, eggs, vanilla, granulated sugar, flour, baking powder then cinnamon.
4. Pulse on low speed, for about 10 seconds until well combined, And pour into a shallow dish.
5. Dip each side of french toast into egg mixture allowing a few seconds for it to soak up some the mixture, and being careful not to submerge the Nutella spread center (I also like to gently squeeze the sides of the bread while dipping so it will soak up the mixture a little then make it into the center of the bread, And when lifting out I will gently squeeze a little excess out. Maybe it’s not professional but it’s what I do).
6. Butter griddle just before transferring soaked bread (so the butter does not burn) and cook stuffed french toast until golden brown on bottom, then lift butter griddle once more and flip to opposite side then cook until golden brown.
7. Serve immediately dusted with powdered sugar and topped with macerated strawberries.
For the macerated strawberries:
1. In a bowl, toss together diced strawberries and sugar and let rest at room temperature about 30 minutes. Store in refrigerator.